Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Day with my Auntie







Today I took a treck to Sacramento to take Summy to the airport. She is going down to see her brother in Laguna Beach until Monday. We left really early, and after I dropped her off, I went to see my auntie. I found her outside trimming her rose bush that she said was a cutting from a bush that was in my grandmothers yard. I remember that yellow rose bush in front of my grandmothers house and it was always full of yellow blooms in the spring, climbing everywhere and so beautiful. Funny how my auntie mentioning that brought back that memory that I had stored so far away in my mind.. We took some pictures in her yard of things that are blooming, and then my friend Dana, and her daughter Michelle came over and we gathered up some of my auntie's special tea cups for the wedding shower party that they are giving Summer. I wanted to take my auntie for lunch but all she wanted was a "Milkshake". She loves sweets but it never shows on her, she is just a little spit of a thing. I love spending time with her and talking to her about days past and her memories of them. She holds so much history of my mom and I can't get enough of it. I had a great day!



1 comment: