Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Well, I decided that April 1st was going to be the day that I would tackle the "Changing of the Guard" so to speak with my clothes. I pulled all my summer clothes out from under my bed 2 weeks ago and there they have sat, staring at me everyday. Last night at 11:15, I couldn't take it anymore and decided, right as I was crawling into bed, to go through all my winter stuff and store it neatly away, until the very solemn day, when hopefully at least 6 months later, I would have to pull them all out again and get through another cold, wet, hard, sad, winter! :-(
My word!!!!!! Where in the world do all these clothes come from??? Did I actually purchase all this stuff?? It really makes me very ashamed of myself every spring and fall when I have to go through it all because I seriously have enough stuff to clothe all my wives and the rest of the women in this town also! It is ridiculous how much excess there is. I want to do better but I really LOVE clothes and I have come to realize that they seem to collect me without me realizing it.

2 comments:

  1. Zoe looks scared and a little ashamed of you too! Where do you get this insane need to fund the top execs of TJ Maxx's vacation to Bermuda? I say you need to fast from shopping for 2 months. (Ain't that callin the kettle black?)

    ReplyDelete